I find picking the right products for my beauty loving friends can be tricky as we all have different skin types and beauty needs so I love buying sets as it gives them a range of products to try and they might even find a new beauty staple. Miniature products are always great gifts as they are perfect for travelling as well as being small enough to carry around day-to-day. Here are some gift ideas for beauty addicts or to add to your own Christmas wishlist:
- Birchbox Perfect Blowout Collection $22
- Dr. Jart+ The Book of Masks $39 ($56 value)
- Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Rollerball Trio $45 ($86 value)
- Liz Earle Essentials Try Me Kit $40.50 ($25 version here)
- Colour Me Automatic Foundation Applicator Pro Edition $68
- Bobbi Brown Bellini Mini Lip & Eye Palette $32
- Korres Mini Shower Gel Set $15.50
- Lancôme Grandiose Mascara Set $39
- Bite Beauty Best Bite Rewind $25 ($55 value)
- Ciate Mini Mani Month $59 ($199 value)
- Sephora Superstars Set $75 ($207 value)
Having worked in skincare I now take note of all the ingredients in my face products but only recently has that extended to the items I use on my hair. The spotlight on the ingredients making up the food that we eat has been augmented to include beauty products meaning there is now a plethora of hair products claiming to be organic or sulphate free, which can be both confusing and overwhelming. I’m a firm believer that you can find great products at all price points, you just have to know what to look for. Below is a guide I use when purchasing products (for more in depth information on ingredients see here and here) and it helps me narrow down the options whether I am shopping in the drugstore or department stores.
Here are a few shampoos with some great ingredients that I love:
Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
Bumble and Bumble Colour Minded Sulfate-Free Shampoo
Alterna Bamboo Colour Hold + Vibrant Colour Shampoo
Sans Ceuticals Nourishing Hair Hydratant
Aveda Damage Remedy Shampoo
I love the process of getting ready and I seek out inspiration from a range of places whether it’s getting ready with friends or from the runway. Here are few of my favourite beauty trends from the Spring/Summer 2015 shows:
1. I try to reduce the amount of heat I use on my hair so I am always on the hunt for up-do inspirations and I loved the loose lived-in plaits seen at Michael Kors and Marissa Webb.
Oribe Dry Texturising Spray
L’Oreal Elnett Hairspray
2. My daily make-up is natural and quick so I was excited to see that the “no-make-up” look at Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler and Isabel Marant actually meant minimal and pared down make-up, it’s the perfect time to let skin breathe and instead rely on skincare to keep skin looking healthy and glowing.
Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow
Tom Ford Lip Colour in Nude Vanille
3. On days I want to switch up my natural look I love embracing a bold lip and there was whole spectrum of shades at the spring/summer shows from rich berry at Dolce & Gabbana, bright sunset orange at Zac Posen and vibrant pink at Carolina Herrera.
Dior Addict Lipstick in Black Tie
Bite Addict High Pigment Matte Pencil in Zinfandel
4. As I don’t have a holiday planned for several months I want to create a rested post-holiday look with bronzed, sun-kissed skin reminensce of the models at Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors and Balmain.
Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Bronze & Glow’ Face Sculpt & Highlight
Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Key Largo
5. I find pale and neutral nails incredibly chic especially in Spring and soft and romantic pink tones complemented the minimal make-up at Tory Burch and Victoria Beckham. Essie Mademoiselle made an appearance at Proenza Schouler while OPI Bubble Bath adorned the nails of models at Reem Acra and BCBG.
OPI Bubble Bath