While my Easter weekend was different to how I envisioned, for one I wasn’t celebrating in Bali as planned, it turned out to be one of my favourite Easters that I’ve had in the USA. It’s funny how this time can be incredibly testing in many ways but be a reminder for how much we already have around us. I loved connecting with my family and friends back home and celebrating with games, quizzes and virtual easter egg hunts.
To cap off the Easter weekend I decided to do some baking using Easter chocolate. I opted for classic blondies and sprinkled in mini eggs instead of chocolate chips and the results were a delicious Easter treat.
Easter Mini Egg Blondies
Makes 16 Blondies
2 sticks Butter
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
½ cup Caster Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1¾ cups Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ cup White Chocolate Chips
1 cup Cadbury’s Mini Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a 8×8″ baking tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the white chocolate chips and leave to cool.
3. In a large bowl or mixer, combine the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract followed by the white chocolate until the mixture is smooth.
5. Gently fold in the flour and baking powder until just combined.
Fold in the mini eggs.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
7. Leave it to cool completely before cutting into squares.