Cookies are always are a go-to for me when baking for people but I am working on building my repertoire of recipes and extending them behind just chocolate chip. I make these nutella cookies with my usual chocolate chip cookie recipe (see below) but add nutella as the final step before mixing in the chocolate chips. While nutella may not be to everyone’s taste, I have found that even those that claimed that they disliked hazelnuts came back for more and they are now my most requested cookies!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
½ heaped cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
¾ cup nutella
1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
1. Beat the butter for 2 mins or until light and fluffy and then add the sugars and continue to beat until creamy.
2. Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
3. Gradually add the flour and baking soda until just combined, don’t overmix.
4. Stir in the nutella and finally add the chocolate chips.
Refrigerate for at least an hour, the longer you can leave the dough the better the flavour of the cookies, I prefer to leave my mixture for at least 24 hours.
5. When you are ready to bake your cookies, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and use an ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10-11 mins and cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring onto wire racks to cool completely.